Thursday, December 18, 2008

Virus!!

I have been having MAJOR computer problems. My computer has some how picked up a virus. I sent it back to the shop, where I purchased it, as it is only 9 months old, they sent it back, and it was still not fixed. I have been trying to use my husbands computer but since it is a work computer there are restrictions on it and I wasn't even able to access webct. I am still struggling with computer access, and over the next few days I will be going between my sister computer, a friends and then my husbands when he is home.

I am soooooooo frustrated, I have fallen behind which I really didn't want to do, as I am so new to all of these things I wanted to stay up to date so that I could keep up with the people that actually know what they are doing!!!!

Anyway onwards and upwards I guess, I will keep soldiering on and hopefully get there eventually.

Fingers crossed my computer is returned and working properly on Monday as promised!!!

2 comments:

Jim Cameron said...

I am sure that we learn more, and grow more as a person, through adversity than if everything was easy.

That said, wouldn't it be nice to try "easy" sometime? I'd like to!

Hang in there.

Cheers, Jim.

Chriso said...

If you run msconfig That is Start run and typ msconfig you will be able to see wat starts when your computer starts, what processes are installed on start up. Note them and then google search the file if you do not know what it is.

You coud do Alt Ctl Delete ans see what is running as well. If yu Identify something that shoud not be there then remove it from the comupter. Sometime you may have to be in safe mode.

Research the file from any of the antivirus venders wh can give you the proceedures to remove it.

Have any problems let me know
Chriso